KAS Prelims Course
The Course has been designed to train students for the Civil Services Preliminary Examination conducted by the Karnataka Public Service Commission.
- Weekday :
- Duration – 6 Months
Timings – Monday to Friday – 6 pm – 8 pm
Scheme of the KAS Preliminary Examination
The Preliminary Examination shall consist of two papers of
- Each paper carrying 100 Questions with each question carrying two marks.
- Each paper shall be of a maximum of 200 marks and a duration of two hours (Total for two papers 400 Marks) in the following description, namely:-
No of Questions
General Studies related to National and International importance
General Studies related to State Importance
General Science & Tech, Environment & Ecology
General Mental Ability
- The question paper shall be set both in Kannada and English.
- The standard of General Mental Ability questions of preliminary examination (aptitude test) shall be that of X / SSLC level and the remaining papers are that of Degree Level.
New Batch Commencing Soon
Enter Info to Get Notification
SYLLABUS FOR THE KAS PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION
PAPER – 1
- Current events of National and International importance.
- Humanities – History of India – Emphasis shall be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, cultural and political aspects with a focus on Indian national movement with special emphasis on Karnataka.
- World Geography and Geography of India with a focus on Karnataka.
- Indian Polity and economy, including the country’s political system, rural development, planning and economic reforms in India-sustainable development, poverty alleviation, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
PAPER – 2
- Current events of State importance and important State Govt. programmes.
- General Science & Technology, Environment & Ecology – contemporary developments in science and technology, and their implications including matters of everyday observations and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline, general issues on Health, environmental ecology, biodiversity, and climate change- that do not require subject specialisation.
- General Mental Ability – Comprehension, Logical reasoning and Analytical ability, Decision making, problem solving, Basic innumeracy (numbers and their relations, order of magnitude etc.,) and data interpretation ( charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc., (class X / SSLC level).
- Weekday Program in the evening suitable for Professionals/Students/Full time aspirants
- State of Art Interactive and Discussion Oriented Classroom Program
- Classes by Expert Trainers
- 6 Months Course with modules
- 200 Hours of Intensive Classroom program
- Comprehensive Coverage of Syllabus with Objective Orientation
- In-depth Analysis of Current Affairs
- Regular Tests, followed by feedback and discussion Session
Well equipped, Digital, Air Conditioned Classrooms